Not Your Mama's Tuna Melt

I'm not proclaiming that I am a culinary genius with this Tuna Melt, but I do think this is the cream of the crop of Tuna Melts. And I wanted to share with you the droolworthy photos. If you aren't craving this exact Tuna Melt at the end of this post than I'm not sure if we can be friends ;) 


You start by putting wheat sourdough bread with sliced cheddar cheese on top under the broiler to get all toasty and melty.

Then you add your layer of tuna. I like to keep it basic with just some mayo and Albacore White Tuna (I really don't like the chunk light stuff). But feel free to add celery like my mom or hot sauce like my boyfriend or whatever else you prefer.
Now for the really good part, add a heaping layer of yummy avocado.
A few slices of tomatoes. 
A couple rings of red onion.
And a heaping pile of spinach!
You can stop right there and have an open face tuna melt and save some carb calories....But if you really want to go for it, top it with another slice of sourdough wheat bread and you have yourself one mean sandwich!

Oh Hello Pescatarians Dream Sandwich....

Not Your Mama's Tuna Melt

2 slices of sourdough wheat bread
Albacore White Tuna
Mayo
2 Cheddar Cheese Slices
Avocado
Tomato
Red Onion
Baby Spinach

Place cheddar cheese slices on top of bread and put under broiler for a couple of minutes until cheese has melted and bread has toasted up. 

Meanwhile mix tuna with desired amount of mayo. Layer tuna salad on top of bread. Then add layers of sliced avocado, tomatoes, onion, and spinach and top with remaining slice of bread.