Breakfast Quesadilla

I have always been the Queen of Sleeping In. I really wish it was more socially acceptable to sleep in to 11am, I think the world would be a much happier place. And one of my favorite parts about those glorious lazy days when I wake up in the afternoon is to make a breakfasty lunch because its technically lunch time but also technically my breakfast. One of my go-to dishes is my Breakfast Quesadilla.


I begin by assembling a quesadilla with a layer of refried beans, cheese, avocado, and green onion.

While that's heating up, I scramble some eggs. I like my eggs soft and creamy so I make them on low heat and stir frequently with a rubber baking spatula. It takes a bit more time, but they taste so much better and hey you have time because you're still waiting for your quesadilla to get nice and melty.

Heat your quesadilla until it is slightly browned and ooey gooey just like this.

Now all you have to do is add your scrambled eggs and serve with sour cream and salsa!
C'mon, don't you think we all deserve a good night's rest and a yummy meal like this to wake up too every once in a while!
xox
Bri


Breakfast Quesadilla

Ingredients:
Flour tortilla
Grated cheddar cheese
Nonfat Refried Beans
Green Onions
Avocado
2 Eggs
Dash of Milk
1/2 tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper
Sour Cream
Salsa

Assemble your quesadilla with a generous layer of each: refried beans, cheese, avocado, and green onion. Heat in a pan with the lid on over medium heat, flipping occasionally, until lightly browned on the outside and completely melted and heated through on the inside.

Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a dash of milk and salt and pepper. Add to a buttered pan over low to medium low heat and stir frequently breaking up the curds as they form with a rubber baking spatula. Remove from heat when eggs are soft and creamy but no longer runny.

Open up quesadilla and add scrambled eggs. Serve with sour cream and salsa.