Perfect Pasta Primavera

Ok so I guess its time to admit failure and recognize the fact that I'm only on my third blog post after starting this little baby back in November. What can I say, besides that life got the best of me and I've definitely been in a time of transition-searching for jobs, quitting my job, and now deciding to go back to graduate school. But I PINKY PROMISE this time will be different. 

To start off I posted an old recipe that had been hiding in my draft page for deliciousy boozy Margarita Cupcakes to celebrate Taco Tuesday but I also decided I wanted to come back with a bang...and post two recipes in one day! My lunch was just too good not to share. My Perfect Pasta Primavera. 


Maybe it was that we just celebrated Daylight Savings this week or that I just came home all tan and relaxed from an amazing sun filled trip to Cabo-but I definitely have Spring Fever! No better way to celebrate Springtime than with a big bowl of pasta and spring vegetables. 

This dish is super simple...all the work is in the chopping. You begin by chopping up garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, squash, and green onion. (Make sure to have all the vegetables chopped and pasta water boiling before starting the sauce because it cooks quickly and is ready to serve in minutes)


Then saute up all those beautiful veggies in some beautiful butter (I mean c'mon now, I'm not a saint). 


Once your veggies have softened up, you drop in some peas, chives, whipping cream, and spices and turn up the heat all the way to high and watch it all bubble and become a delicious cream sauce. So simple right. 



Next turn off the heat and toss in some cooked fettucini and parmesan cheese and you have yourselves a colorful, healthy yet satisfying pasta dish. So yummy that your kids and or boyfriend/husband won't even notice all the veggies they are inhaling! And perfect with a big glass of white wine just for you ;)

Happy Spring Forward!
xox
Bri

Perfect Pasta Primavera 

Ingredients:
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 medium zucchinis, cut in thin half moons
1 medium squash, cut in thin half moons
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
1 teaspoon dried basil
Dash ground nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1 cup whipping cream 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional to serve
3/4 lb fettucini pasta (fresh fettucini is fabulous in this dish but dried works just fine)

In a wide frying pan over medium high heat, melt butter. Saute garlic and onion until translucent. Add mushrooms, zucchini, squash, carrot, and salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally for a few minutes. Cover pan and cook for 1 more minute or until softened. 

Meanwhile, cook noodles in salted boiling water until al dente and drain well.

To vegetable mixture add green onions, peas, basil, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and cream. Increase heat to high and cook until liquid boils all over and forms large shiny bubbles. Toss drained fettucini into saucepan with veggies and cream sauce and mix gently so noodles are thoroughly covered. Turn off the heat and stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix again. 
Serve at once with additional parmesan cheese.